Tuesday 3 March 2009

Skating remarks

Today was a productive day. I did the following in this order:

1) Get up and have coffee
2) Write the first music review for rockfeedback.com
3) Fix my stupid Tiscali internet
4) Have a fishfinger sandwich
5) Write the second review for rockfeedback.com
6) Have a bowl of grapes (mix of green and red)
7) Send off 10 CVs in order to find a job
8) Download season 1 of the Sopranos and the entire Beastie Boys discography
9) Watched skateboarding videos on youtube

I had a talk with my friend Alia and we discussed our life plans. I said I wanted to make a 5-10 minute film and enter it into some national competition and that I also wanted to take up skateboarding. She said she wanted to do that too and we should do it together. She also told me that she wants to buy an old rusty car and get a drivers licence. I said she should and that we should go on a road trip around Europe, but she said we'd be killed, so maybe we won't. I don't know if I should do skateboarding - for one, I'm 25 which I think exceeds the age limit. I googled this due to my worry and apprently there is a guy in his 40's who took it up to bond with his 14 year old daughter. You'd have thought he'd want to save her the embarrassment but I guess not. That's all she needs right now - a date to the skate park with her dad so the floppy-haired, Vans-wearing boy of her dreams can watch as her dad plummets off a ramp and shatters his hip. When will parents learn? I don't want to be like that dad. Me with a bunch of kids in South Bank looking at me as if I just beamed down from planet Fuck Head. Maybe I'll pass. No, fuck it. I want to do it. Fuck them!

In other news, I sliced my fingers on a cheese grater while making cacio e pepe, have a gig to play in Camden tomorrow night and have a new-found addiction to flapjack. I will maybe have a stab at making it myself.

Doug out.

No comments:

Post a Comment