Monday 2 March 2009

Coffee and Leo

Today my girlfriend gave me a list of things to do. It read like this:

1) Send CV's
2)Write CD Reviews
3)Call Tiscali
4) Go to the Job Centre
5) Write to your old company

She left early today and so placed the kettle on the stove so that it would wake me up when it started to boil. I asked her to do that, thought it would be a nice way to wake up. I woke up to the screaming of the kettle and stood there in my underpants in the kitchen, to tired to care if the guys in the apartment opposite could see me. I make a coffee then fell back into bed for 2 hours. The coffee was cold when I woke up. The plan had failed.

I reheated the coffee, then made myself another one. I put some brown sugar in and watched as the golden granules slowly sunk into the blackness of the coffee cup. It was real slow, and I saw them disappear a little bit at a time and it reminded me of when Leo diCaprio died in Titanic. I hated the movie and didn't even blink when he froze to that oak door, but watching the granules fall away forever into this coffee cup made me real sad. I thought back to Leo's character and how even though he was dead and it didn't even matter anymore, he was alone in the darkness forever, with nothing around him but the fish and crabs that would occasionally pick at his body. The ocean is so damn alien.

Ok, shower and job centre...

No comments:

Post a Comment